Snow Queen, a narrow road and a recipe for a good Christmas.
Last week was amazing for me carousel. Twelve days ago I got the goods to Laredo, Texas, and went on his last tour before Christmas. I took home some bread, baked by my dear Grażynkę and go.
Many a time, easy way. I thought that in a week I will turn and calmly waited for this wonderful Christmas Day. Unfortunately, in Laredo, there was no return loads and the only thing I did find a load to Eugene, Oregon. But it is at the other end of the world, over the Pacific Ocean. Still nothing is lost, still a lot of time and a lot of onions in Oregon waiting to be moved to Atlanta and Charlotte. So I went to the northwest. But soon it all started banging. The Snow Queen wanted to think that I did not have Christmas this year. And suddenly everything that could go wrong, went bad.
Highway I-5 goes along the Pacific coast and north of Los Angeles through the pass is not too high, Tejon Pass. It is only 1250 meters above sea level and latitude of the place is such as Cyprus, Crete, and Casablanca, so the snow is not there everyday phenomenon, but that day it just dropped so much that the road was closed completely for 12 hours.
So I slept with thousands of other kierowcóww nearby town, switched by the local police number times, at dawn I went out again. The Snow Queen, however, still would not give up.
On the border of California and Oregon are the top again and there is almost always raining. In the summer rain, in winter snow. However, since the service road is expected that there, the road is usually passable, but chains are required on wheels. So began my adventure with chains. Four times I had to wear them on the truck. Six wheels: Four sets of external tractor tires and two tires on the trailer. And this is, believe me, heavy physical work. In the cold, melting snow in the semi-bathers by the collar, kneeling in the snow ciapie resident of Saline-and użerając the silly matter, which in no way wishes to cooperate with us. And once the chains have to cross several hundred metrówi stop, pull them better, improve, otherwise it is easy to lose them.
Many drivers simply stopped on the roadside and waited for better weather, but for me this was not an option game. I had to make it to Eugene on Friday, to have any chance of seeing the family on Christmas. And for those unexpected and extremely heavy snowfall journey that was to be the walk has become onerous, exhaustive battle with the weather and time. The time that I devote to rest, to sleep, to write holiday greetings lost the fight with chains and evil Snow Queen.
He was also a further difficulty: The early wave of cold weather in the Midwest. The onions can ride on the trailer each kind. It is not normally required refrigerator, just vents. When, however, is to be 20 degrees below freezing, even with the stove in the trailer can not be saved before The frozen onions. Goods for which they hoped, he escaped and had to look for something else. It worked after hours of searching to find a load of Joplin, Missouri on Monday and promised that there will be something to North Carolina on Wednesday. Two difficulties with such a plan due to the fact that Joplin is 3400 km in Oregon, and Wednesday it's Christmas Eve. But there was not exit had to be glad that something is. Mainly, it is still hoped that the Holy Family will be.
still raining in Oregon. The city on the ocean and the ocean is usually enough to relieve the climate, that there was rain, but last Saturday sypało at best. I loaded up until the late afternoon and not having much time to lose, I went in the snow. I had to assume that two of the chains. In total, six times. More on this one day than the total during my previous 30 years behind the wheel. But not even angry, not upset. I began to even laugh. What else remained to me indeed?
Next it was good, though the frost was holding, and the luck did not end up . On the last Sunday of Advent, I was at Mass in Rawlins, Wyoming, and after Mass, I saw that I a hole in the tire. However, although Sunday was able to repair it. But I lost another hour of precious time.
got to Joplin, discharged, I took another load from the vicinity of Kansas City and even managed to choose some more additional product from Kentucky. In Kentucky, however, the Snow Queen has shown once again that he wants to make it to her was the last word.
When I went on the road, it started raining. Plain, it would seem, the rain, but the thermometer was showing minus two degrees. And who does not associate these facts, the ride ended quickly, because the road immediately turned into a skating rink.
driver is stopped again, but for me it was not a possible option. I had to go. So not to exceed 20 km / h I advanced cautiously to the south, where, after a few dozen kilometers warmed up enough to freeze the rain stopped. And then there was no longer any obstacles to my trip.
I am writing this to somehow explain. I received dozens and perhaps hundreds of requests from you all. MSN, email, skype, private messages on the forum and request a new thread, which someone on the forum started. I did not answer to anyone. I really do not have time. But I want you here and now, and thank you all for your good wishes and prayers for my safe return home.
But Christmas Day is only today, so there is still far too late to be desired. So I wish you all a lot of good. Health and love in the family. True love, and not false "warmth", which quickly freezes and goes into the past and talked about Paul Wdówik Tuesday's broadcast, "Be cold or hot" on Radio Jozef. Let us not be the Snow Queen, or any other incarnation of hairy. Jesus brought us true love. I wish you God's many blessings. And a lot of strength to overcome the difficulties that await us. Because they are waiting for all of us. But with him, the newborn Son of God, overcome every difficulty.
Mr. Frank wrote Kucharczak me in a letter to the wishes of a very wise words:
"To celebrate the birthday of Lord Jesus I wish you a pleasant journey just for the car. In addition, I wish the narrow roads, namely the one at which you walk consciously. She leads first to the stable and then to heaven. Remember that text about you in MGN? I called it "directed the driver." So I think that Mary is not assumed anything - took Jesus. Only so much - and he turned the world on the right side. She allowed him his life guided. I wish you to walk with the Lord Jesus, and went with Jesus. And like you, then sat with the Lord Jesus. "
Well, if the question is whether I'm walking along the narrow road, it's probably me you Kucharczak estimated too optimistically. Sure assesses at each other. I am there very fast in escaping to the wide and easy road. But I can remember that this is a narrow lead into the sky. And probably because the first holiday we have in the liturgical calendar after Christmas in our church is St. Stephen, who died for their faith in Jesus his life.
But today we still have happy day birth of Jesus, so I am going to have a holiday recipe, which gave us the forum in the English missionary, Father, whom we know under the pseudonym "XSA"
RECIPE FOR A GOOD CHRISTMAS. Ingredients: 50 grams of prayer, 1 kg of faith in the Lord Jesus, 20 grams of expectations, 20 grams of joy, 12 grams of kindness, a confession, a dag love soda, 2 tablespoons of generosity. Recipe: Prayer purified mixed with love and faith, to do well and pour into kindness. Knead dough and roll out to a thickness of about 3 mm. Cut it, that who knows and likes. Cookies bake in a hot love, kindness and warmth of the oven - for about 10 minutes. After a few days, you can decorate them any good deeds.
difficult recipe, but each of us should try it. Maybe we will come out at the beginning of zakalec, but as we will constantly try for ktoryms time for sure we will come out something wonderful. Especially when it przyozdobimy good deeds. Enjoy!. All the best! Merry, merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Peter Jaskiernia with his family.
0 comments:
Post a Comment